Tuesday, 30 November 2010

Shamefaced

The title of this blog is how I feel. A comment from Ann O'Dyne, a boozy lunch with Deb today and a gentle email nudge from a mate reminded me that I have not blogged in (shock horror) almost 6 months. Forgive me for exaggerating, but where oh where has 2010 gone?

When I went offline earlier this year I had just finished studying and was in the process of setting up my own business as well as looking for a new job. (If you want to know what either is, my email is on the left). Fast forward to November 30 and I am due to commence my new job in 18 days and have been a small business owner for just over a month. If you don't mind me saying so, the process of achieving both has been a little exhausting.

Aside from that, not much has changed. Still living with and loving the gorgeous, lovely Tom. He's still being subjected to much teasing about impending engagements. Not from me, I hasten to add. Still have wonderful, slightly kooky friends such as Al and Deb. Still hearing far too much about other people's sex lives and philosophising madly about human relationships. Still catching the tram past Andrew's place every day. I have just been neglecting the blog world.

And yet something has felt like it was missing. I need to get back to externalising all my thoughts but turning on the laptop felt like too much work. Now that I don't have to write responses to selection criteria or business plans, it's a much more pleasurable exercise.

And you'll be seeing more of me.

xx

12 comments:

Fen said...

Welcome back! I know the feeling re the key selection criteria thing, my life seems to be full of them at the moment. Aargh!

Ann O'Dyne said...

study ... business ... jobhunting ... OF COURSE you're not blogging.
Blogging is Last on the To Do list fer chrissakes.
Good Luck though, with everything else. X X X dogroc (W V)

Frisky Librarian said...

It's good to see you back.

Glad to hear things have been going well.

Andrew said...

Well, I am not forgotten, and nor are you.

Dina said...

It's nice to see an update from you....even if took awhile. Glad things are going well on your end : )

Mike and Ann said...

Good to hear from you Miss D. Welcome back. Interested to hear you've set up your own business. As someone who's been self employed for the past thirty some odd years I can tell you there's a lot to be said for it. Needs a good deal of self discipline, though.
Warm regards, Mike and Ann.

Pat said...

Good! Glad you are back and best of luck with the business.
I can't count the number of times my spirits have been lifted by an odd comment on my blog so it will be a cold day in Hell when I retire but I firmly believe one should do it at one's leisure and not allow it to pressure oneself.

Deb said...

Well well well...look who's back? I'd like to think I did inspire you to return to the blogosphere, what with all my witty comments and tales from my tragic love life (and the fact that I don't tell you about my sex life because I don't have one). But alas, I know you are destined to write MD, and write you do well....
However, I am looking forward to reading about myself once again - perhaps I can do something blog worthy at your lunch today?

Lad Litter said...

The blogosphere has been much the poorer for your absence. It all sounds very onward and upwards and that's good to hear.

The new business venture sounds very exciting. Education-related?

Mike and Ann said...

Dear Miss D. We take the opportunity to wish you both the compliments of the season. A very Merry Christmas to you, and a Happy New Year.
Warm regards, Ann and Mike.

Bailey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mike and Ann said...

Dear Miss D.,
Just a quick note to wish you a very happy Christmas, and a good and prosperous New Year.
Warm Regards, Mike and Ann.